Every Asteroid Discovered Since 1980
From the far, far away to the startlingly close, there have been over 600,000 asteroids identified in the inner solar system since 1980. This visualization tracks them all.
The video is the work of Scott Manley. Manley included the path of the near-by asteroids that have been identified starting 34 years ago and carrying on to this year. The asteroids that cross our own orbit are in red, the ones that just get close are in yellow, and the ones even further out are all in green.
- swaghettoandmeatballs reblogged this from annaxbeth
- swaghettoandmeatballs likes this
- theshadowsreturn likes this
- tyrantsandpeas reblogged this from gravitationalbeauty
- hisss-andthenkisss reblogged this from gravitationalbeauty
- hisss-andthenkisss likes this
- Show more notes