Feeding 9 Billion
When we think about threats to the environment, we tend to picture cars and smokestacks, not dinner. But the truth is, our need for food poses one of the biggest dangers to the planet.
By 2050 we’ll need to feed two billion more people. How can we do that without overwhelming the planet?
- Step One: Freeze Agriculture’s Footprint
- Step Two: Grow More on Farms We’ve Got
- Step Three: Use Resources More Efficiently
- Step Four: Shift Diets
- Step Five: Reduce Waste
Read the full article @National Geographic
- aardvarksandtoast reblogged this from science-junkie
- candeezland reblogged this from diyhomesteading
- andybrwn reblogged this from sciencepluswhat
- andybrwn likes this
- Show more notes